Reporting to the VP Sales, the primary responsibility of this role is to enable, drive and elevate P&P Optica’s position and penetration into verticals in the global market. You will be responsible for driving the implementation of commercial initiatives to accelerate growth in sales.
This is a dynamic sales role that will combine account management with technical sales at this young, growing company.
Working with the VP Sales and the P&P Optica team, the Account Executive:
- Drives P&P Optica’s business in target territories to achieve and surpass sales and business goals and objectives.
- Identifies prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Conducts meetings with prospects, clients, and technology/channel partners.
- Maintains customer records, using P&P’s automated customer relationship management system.
- Selects the correct products or assists customers in making product selections, based on customers’ needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations
- Collaborates with scientists and engineers to customize products for clients and customers
- Liaises with Engineering and Production to ensure awareness of engineering changes and any impacts on pricing or product specification
- Applies creative selling techniques based on market and product knowledge
- Prepares quotes, closes orders, and submits orders for processing
- Provides accurate and timely forecasts using the appropriate sales tools and processes and maintains all relevant information about customers, prospects, campaigns, and leads.
- Works with sales leadership to ensure business is transacted accurately and within pricing guidelines to the highest ethical standards
- Works with customers to ensure timely payments against invoices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A “roll up the sleeves” attitude; a self starting orientation with the intense drive to “make things happen;” must be a “doer” with an infectiously enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage large geographic territory
- Experience collaborating with scientists, inventors and engineers to customize products for clients and customers.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to coordinate and oversee a number of projects concurrently
- Creative, practical and a decisive professional who knows how to balance tactical and strategic issues
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, written and verbal communications, decision making, and organization skills to work with cross functional teams and coordinate major activities
- Ability to work independently under pressure, with a heavy workload in a fast-moving environment
- Technical Degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years technical sales experience
- Experience selling optics/scientific instruments into the instrumentation and industrial process control markets would be beneficial
- Travel 30 – 40% of the time
- Valid passport and no restrictions on travel in North America, Europe & Asia
- Salary plus commission
Please submit resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.